I am...what I say I am...and I am...what I say I am....

Child of God,Wife,Mother,Daughter, Sister and Friend

Monday, June 1, 2009

May is over...June is here?


I started this sentence with "I can't believe I didn't get a "post" in the entire month of May" but that's not really true! I can believe it - that is totally believable. May was a busy month for us. We had Keith baptized on Mother's Day which was really special for the obvious reason and very sentimental because his older sister was baptized on this same day two years ago. How I got so lucky to have two children baptized on Mother's Day I'm not sure? But I am very thankful none the less.
We are also very excited about the fact that we have a nephew and a niece to be born ANY MINUTE! This is my sister Ashley (expecting a boy) and Darrell's sister Jane (expecting a girl). I'm pretty convinced that they will have the babies with in a day or two of each other but I've only shared that with Darrell. Jane and Ashley also graduated college (one in Charleston, one in Conway) on the same day (in December) one year. They enjoy this I do believe. :)

Darrell started a new job this month and loves it - it's very similar to what he was doing before and he's very good at it which is also great! That has been an adjustment for me - it was wonderful having him home some during the day with us. He helped out a lot and did lots of things sometimes that I didn't want to do. Now I have to do those things and everything else.

We've also been a little sick here and there. Darrell got some kind of infection with his epiglottis, Samuel had a funky rash on the back of his arms/legs for about two weeks, Stella has been doing breathing treatments for over a week now (nothing more than a cough though thankfully), Keith has been growing 4 new teeth on top (just like one of my babies to get 4 at one time!!), and last week I had strange swelling in my hands/feet with severe joint pain. We sound like a walking brochure for some kind of clinical lab study?

I went to the doctor last week to have blood work done after we determined the swelling/joint pain wasn't normal (duh) and we've determined I have an under active thyroid. Can I tell you how excited I am to see some of these symptoms go away? Especially the fatigue/exhaustion (which I kind of thought was just 3 children, but maybe not?), difficulty concentrating/brain fog (one website called it), and feeling run down/sluggish (again 3 children?) - the fact that it screws up your metabolism & doesn't allow your body to burn energy correctly is also somewhat encouraging. I'm just excited in general to know that there really was something wrong & that I might actually feel better. I should be starting medication with in a day or two (final test results come back tomorrow) and one person said I'd notice results in a week. Yippeeeeee!!!

So, all of this to sum up May and why there was no post. I am excited about the summer and have HIGH HOPES for me and my 3 little chicks - not to mention my 3 nieces and 1 nephew. It should be a fun summer - trips to Murrells Inlet, trips to Summerville, VBS with Deborah and Samuel's K4 class, neighborhood pool excursions, staying up late, hopefully finding renters for our rental house, churning homemade ice cream, mosquito bites, fireworks, grilling out with friends, play dates at the park, and the summer fun goes on and on and on.....with no thoughts or regards to the fact that my first baby will be starting K5 in August.

May summer days be filled with laughter and hugs while summer nights are filled with fireflies and kisses....not rushing a single day.

No comments:

Stewart Family Mission Statement

Back in April, our family (Darrell's Mom's brother and sister) got together in Lenior, NC to celebrate several April birthdays and attend Goudapalooza '08. As part of the celebration each family was asked to bring their Mission Statement. As you can see, I miss using the marketing/advertising part of my brain. We collected famous "tag lines" to create our mission statement.

The Stewart Family Mission Statement:
As a growing family we believe “We get it”. There has been “One love since 1994”. We “Believe in the best” and believe “This is the place to be”. We love our family and it is “Grown for pleasure”.
Every morning we “Wake up with the King “ and always “Answer to a higher authority”.
Mommy believes “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup” and we frequently find ourselves wondering “Got milk?”
Each day we promise to “Grab life by the horns”, even when “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking” because we believe “We bring good things to life” and “Quality is job one”. Often times “The only easy day was yesterday” and yet we are still grateful. We strive for “Getting things done” with our “Heart to God, hand to man”.
At the end of the day we still shout “Just do it”, “Do unto others as you would have done unto you”, and “Be all you can be”. But on the occasional “You deserve a break today”, “For all you do, this Bud's for you”. Because there are days where “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't”.
So, “Life's good” and “There's no life like it”. “Feel the force”. “It's everywhere you want to be”.
Because at the end of the day “You can't top the copper top”. “He keeps going and going and going”.