I decided this Christmas that it was actually harder than last years. As I quickly went through the boxes of Christmas decorations and gave Darrell a "yes" or "no" as to whether we were putting those decorations up or not, it was evident that I was in a hard place. A place that felt somewhat overwhelming and "what's the point?". I felt guilty for not putting up everything that I normally put out and I could see Darrell's disappointment also but the thought of having to put up and take down that much stuff made my head hurt.
I thought back to last year and wondered....well, I did it all last year and had a newborn!! But that was just it - last year with a newborn was MUCH easier than this year with a 14 month old. He is busy - very busy. AND so is my 5 1/2 year old, as well as his sister who is now 3.
So, the point is this -
You keep thinking, "things" will get easier - and they will, but then again they won't...but do the best you can and let go of the guilt, do not compare yourself to others (for we all have our weaknesses, some are just more visible than others) and pray that God will bless you enough to have another chance to do it over again and possibly (by the grace of God) even better!!
I have missed blogging but I've been busy and though I've thought many times, things will get easier, I know they won't, so I am hoping to be more deliberate and blog anyway....







No comments:
Post a Comment