I am...what I say I am...and I am...what I say I am....

Child of God,Wife,Mother,Daughter, Sister and Friend

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A man with a plan


My Sweet Samuel woke me up this morning just like every morning asking me "Mommy, how did you sleep? and what did you dream about?" Brushing the sleep out of my eyes and adjusting them to light, I decide it's easier to reverse the question and ask him how he slept and what did he dream about? He said he slept well and dreamed about him and his wife. Intrigued, I asked him what his wife's name was and he said he wasn't sure but that they had 20 children. Wow, 20 children!! 20 boys and 2 girls - I didn't have the heart to tell him that was really 22. He spoke very sweetly and confidently about his wife and children - told me they had two cars - a blue convertible and a blue VW bus. Quite practical I think - one car for his 20 children and one for fun!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this boy who I have no doubt will make an honorable father and husband.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I love all of the updates to the blog today! So that must be why you didn't come to the pool---you were working on your blog :)

And I love hearing sweet Samuel's stories. He's such an amazing little boy!

Stewart Family Mission Statement

Back in April, our family (Darrell's Mom's brother and sister) got together in Lenior, NC to celebrate several April birthdays and attend Goudapalooza '08. As part of the celebration each family was asked to bring their Mission Statement. As you can see, I miss using the marketing/advertising part of my brain. We collected famous "tag lines" to create our mission statement.

The Stewart Family Mission Statement:
As a growing family we believe “We get it”. There has been “One love since 1994”. We “Believe in the best” and believe “This is the place to be”. We love our family and it is “Grown for pleasure”.
Every morning we “Wake up with the King “ and always “Answer to a higher authority”.
Mommy believes “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup” and we frequently find ourselves wondering “Got milk?”
Each day we promise to “Grab life by the horns”, even when “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking” because we believe “We bring good things to life” and “Quality is job one”. Often times “The only easy day was yesterday” and yet we are still grateful. We strive for “Getting things done” with our “Heart to God, hand to man”.
At the end of the day we still shout “Just do it”, “Do unto others as you would have done unto you”, and “Be all you can be”. But on the occasional “You deserve a break today”, “For all you do, this Bud's for you”. Because there are days where “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't”.
So, “Life's good” and “There's no life like it”. “Feel the force”. “It's everywhere you want to be”.
Because at the end of the day “You can't top the copper top”. “He keeps going and going and going”.