
It's just like a big sister to fuss at her little sister because she hasn't been mentioned on her little sisters blog, isn't it? So here is a tribute to my oldest friend, my big sister, Ashley.
The one who taught me so much of what I know....how to be unselfish, how to love unconditionally, how to play, laugh, and enjoy each other. The one who played Amy Grant, Reba McIntyre, James Taylor, Carly Simon, Simon & Garfunkel, The Jackson 5 and "My Angel is a Centerfold" from her huge blaring jam box. The one who got her own phone in her room but shared it with me anyway, the one that let me put on her makeup, try on her clothes, and steal the things that I felt like she wasn't really using. The one that always took up for me and gave me the benefit of doubt even if I didn't deserve it. The one that makes me laugh harder than anyone else and sometimes at nothing. The one that knows my favorites and wants everyone else to know them too. The one that endures all my faults, weaknesses, short comings, failures, and still stands with me holding my hand. The one that lets me pretend "it's all about me" when clearly that life doesn't exist. The one that showed me what it meant to believe that Christ dying on the cross was enough and that the "little things don't matter". The one that showed me what the Best Aunt Ever really looks like. The one that I always miss as soon as her car disappears from my neighborhood and the one that makes me feel a little incomplete after she's gone.
I love you, Sissy. xoxoxoxox







1 comment:
I KNOW this person!!!
I LOVE her for the same reasons!!!
Post a Comment