The next time "I" decide we're ready to get a puppy, I want my children to be old enough to be able to keep their shoes off the floor as well as their toys so the new family friend doesn't eat them; I don't want to be carrying a child in my uterus so that when I do bend down to clean up accidental puppy puddles, I don't make a funny noise in the process; I want Samuel to embrace the dog instead of running thru the house yelling "He's going to get me"; and I want it to be a family decision instead of a Mommy decision.
My sweet husband is so much wiser than me. He has allowed me more grace through this than I should have been allowed. He loves me despite my childish needs and wants. He never once said "I told you so" and even returned Solomon for me. He loves me and I him. It amazes me how God put us together - we are opposite in so many ways which does cause the occasional strife but how incomplete we would both be with out the other to iron out the rough spots.
So as I sit in peace and quiet (while S & S are taking naps) for the first time in over a week, with still a broken heart over missing yet another canine, I still smile and find joy in the man that God gave to me as my "beloved" - for I am deeply and truly loved and for this I am thankful.







No comments:
Post a Comment