I had a wonderful birthday yesterday - one of my favorites. I had a breakfast that my Mom, Samuel and Darrell all helped make - breakfast usually at our house consists of yogurt, cereal or cheese toast but on Mommy's birthday we had sausage, egg, biscuit casserole and a fresh fruit medley!! Seriously gourmet for our house on a Monday morning and I didn't even cook it!! If that wasn't enough love, Samuel and my mom made me a (from scratch) yellow cake with chocolate (also from scratch) frosting. It is delicious - all 3 layers.
Darrell and I had dinner at the Melting Pot which took a good 2.5 hours which was all glorious unto it's own. And then we drove home (the long way) with our windows down, listening to great music, me reflecting on another year that God has graciously given me, and feeling relatively young with my hair blowing in my face singing Alabama's "Close Enough to Perfect for Me". Which upon listening to the words, I related to very much last night. I am SO imperfect and still a work in progress - but perfect "enough" at the same time. God is working in my life continuously from year to year - and it's amazing how much growth continues to happen. Every birthday that passes, I have more and more to be thankful for - a God that loves me unfailingly no matter how many times I fail Him and no matter how imperfect I am. He still loves me and wants His best for me each day. I am praying for another year to grow in Christ, to love my husband, and to love and train my children. And hopefully in God's sovereign plan, I will be blogging next year with new birthday memories and prayers of thankfulness.
Just to humor yourself - this is the chorus to Alabama's "Close Enough to Perfect for Me"
Chorus: She kisses me each morning, And smiles her sleepy smile, And she don't have to say it, I can see it in her eyes. Don't you worry about my woman, Or what you think she ought to be', Cause she's close enough to perfect for me.
But more importantly-
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count. Psalm 40:5
I am...what I say I am...and I am...what I say I am....
- Ryan Revis Stewart
- Child of God,Wife,Mother,Daughter, Sister and Friend
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Stewart Family Mission Statement
Back in April, our family (Darrell's Mom's brother and sister) got together in Lenior, NC to celebrate several April birthdays and attend Goudapalooza '08. As part of the celebration each family was asked to bring their Mission Statement. As you can see, I miss using the marketing/advertising part of my brain. We collected famous "tag lines" to create our mission statement.
The Stewart Family Mission Statement:
As a growing family we believe “We get it”. There has been “One love since 1994”. We “Believe in the best” and believe “This is the place to be”. We love our family and it is “Grown for pleasure”.
Every morning we “Wake up with the King “ and always “Answer to a higher authority”.
Mommy believes “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup” and we frequently find ourselves wondering “Got milk?”
Each day we promise to “Grab life by the horns”, even when “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking” because we believe “We bring good things to life” and “Quality is job one”. Often times “The only easy day was yesterday” and yet we are still grateful. We strive for “Getting things done” with our “Heart to God, hand to man”.
At the end of the day we still shout “Just do it”, “Do unto others as you would have done unto you”, and “Be all you can be”. But on the occasional “You deserve a break today”, “For all you do, this Bud's for you”. Because there are days where “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't”.
So, “Life's good” and “There's no life like it”. “Feel the force”. “It's everywhere you want to be”.
Because at the end of the day “You can't top the copper top”. “He keeps going and going and going”.
The Stewart Family Mission Statement:
As a growing family we believe “We get it”. There has been “One love since 1994”. We “Believe in the best” and believe “This is the place to be”. We love our family and it is “Grown for pleasure”.
Every morning we “Wake up with the King “ and always “Answer to a higher authority”.
Mommy believes “The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup” and we frequently find ourselves wondering “Got milk?”
Each day we promise to “Grab life by the horns”, even when “It takes a licking and keeps on ticking” because we believe “We bring good things to life” and “Quality is job one”. Often times “The only easy day was yesterday” and yet we are still grateful. We strive for “Getting things done” with our “Heart to God, hand to man”.
At the end of the day we still shout “Just do it”, “Do unto others as you would have done unto you”, and “Be all you can be”. But on the occasional “You deserve a break today”, “For all you do, this Bud's for you”. Because there are days where “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't”.
So, “Life's good” and “There's no life like it”. “Feel the force”. “It's everywhere you want to be”.
Because at the end of the day “You can't top the copper top”. “He keeps going and going and going”.







1 comment:
...s-w-e-e-t birthday thoughts and blessings...
Post a Comment